Breastfeeding and Postpartum Support Services
Your Family’s Journey, LLC was designed to offer parents and families continued comfort, support, education, reassurance and guidance. I will work hard to enhance your postpartum recovery and help you find your groove while you recover. My non-judgmental, comprehensive, family-centered support focuses on all members in the house to make sure everyone feels cared for and listened to.
Do you want?
Assistance in creating a postpartum plan
- Hospital visit, if desired, to get you started on the right foot before you arrive home
- Reminders to rest, stay hydrated and nourished to aid in your recovery
- Newborn care guidance – swaddling, calming, bathing
- Teach and demonstrate Dr. Harvey Karp’s, 5 S’s to help calm your baby
- Baby wearing and diapering education
- Breastfeeding assistance, guidance and support along with how to recognize hunger cues
- Bottle feeding support
- Nursery care management – restock, organizational tips, registry assistance
- Care of baby; so you can nap, shower and eat a warm meal, with both hands!
- Monitor mom’s physical recovery
- Emotional support of your birth and parenthood experience
- Help understanding normal newborn sleeping patterns
- Assistance in empowering the family unit
- Sibling care, integration, adjustment, attention and bonding
- Nurturing you so that you can focus on bonding and rest
- Answer your parenting questions and provide local resources
- Referrals for all things mom, baby, parenting, pediatricians, meal planning, birth control, support groups, photography, sleep consultants, cranial sacral therapists and much more…
- Respect you and your parenting decisions
- Help you feel prepared and ready
- Bring a sense of calmness to your home
- Assistance with determining the best birth control options for you and your partner
- Baby-proof your home – it’s never too early to start!
- Recognize signs and symptoms of baby blues, postpartum depression and anxiety
- Encourage, praise and empower you as a new mom and parent
- Customized, individualized support so you can find YOUR groove, relax and build confidence
- Help organize and plan your days
- Maintain a comfortable and safe environment for your family
- AND so much more…..
Services NOT performed:
- Diagnose medical conditions in mother or baby, nor any other family member
- Take over the care of the baby or your other children while you leave the home
- Provide transportation to and from appointments
- Act as your babysitter, nanny or housekeeper
- Tolerate verbal or physical abuse, or possible criminal behaviors by anyone in the family
If this sounds great to you, Contact me!
“She was like a security blanket, a listener, a well-educated person that has witnessed what has and has not worked” ~ Amelia